There are some times when we all need to take a break from our work and/or studies and unwind. The best way to relax is by laughing a little. A little comedy can go a long way in our overall positiveness.
Some may deem humor websites as unproductive (and if so, maybe they need to live a little). There are other things to do in college besides procrastinate, party, study and sleep. When you have a 24/7 internet connection pretty much anywhere you go, it's not like you have to be working the entire time. Besides, laughing will lighten your spirits and make you feel better.
Here is a list of sites to get some fresh college humor:
- College Humor - This one is kind of obvious, as the site has been around for a while (since 1999). The number one humor related website among college students.
- Points in Case - All original college humor that features funny quotes, comedy articles, weekly columns, daily blogs and funny Instant Message conversations. It first began as a humor column posted in the dorm bathrooms of Emory University and over the years has become a haven where college students can cure boredom, procrastinate and "spur your imagination".
- Fark - Interesting, bizarre and amusing news stories, along with regular Photoshop contests, Fark is a different kind of news site that highlights random and funny stories throughout various news topics.
- ComedyCentral.com - Our favorite comedy station on the web. It includes show previews, games, jokes, videos and downloads from all your favorite Comedy Central shows like The Colbert Report and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
- The Onion - The Onion is known for its unbiased coverage of national and international news with an interesting twist.
- Overheard at College - Features quotes heard at college. It's a site where users can upload and post funny things they hear at their school.
Prof: So the syllabus says that I’m giving you a midterm on Wednesday. Do you guys want one?
Student #1: Not really.
Student #2: Nope.
Student #3: Thanks though.
Prof: Good enough for me.
- Funny or Die - Funny or Die is a competitor to YouTube, founded by Will Ferrell. Videos are voted on by users of the site. Those videos that are deemed funny stay, but those that are not "die".