You'd be surprised at the number of places that offer special discounts just for being a college student. Some of these could be at stores you have been shopping at all along, that you may not have even known about.
Use this list of stores that give a student discount as reference throughout your time at college as a great way to save money in college.
Help your college friends save money by sharing these 150+ student discounts on facebook:
Just about all of these student deals can be obtained simply by showing your college ID card at time of purchase, while student discounts online will usually require a sign up with a valid .edu email address.
For easier browsing, we have broken this list of student discounts down into six categories:
Take advantage of these college student discounts and enjoy all the perks that come with being a student.
Shopping for Textbooks? Use Textbook Coupon Codes.
Like Freebies? Get a Free Audiobook from Amazon.
College Student Discounts
Student Travel Discounts
- Amtrak: Students ages 13 - 25 with a valid student ID are eligible for 15% off certain Amtrak routes in the Midwest, California and New York when you book 3 days in advance.
- Caesars: Students and teachers get an extra 10% off the lowest available rate when staying at Caesars Entertainment hotels.
- Choice Hotels: At participating hotels, students with a Student Advantage card get 15% off. (Choice Hotels includes hotels such as Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality Inn, Sleep Inn, Mainstay Suites, Econo Lodge, and Rodeway Inn.)
- Eurail: Students who travel in Europe are eligible for a Eurail Youth Pass which gives you a discount of 20% on standard adult prices.
- Greyhound Bus: Students get 10% off Greyhound travel with a Student Advantage Discount Card.
- Lonely Planet: Students can get a 20% discount at Lonely Planet by registering and verifying their student status.
- Rail Europe: Students can get discounted Rail Europe fares with a ISIC card or ride with a Youth Fare if 25 and younger.
- ShortLine/Coach USA: The bus line offers discounts (typically 15% off) on scheduled bus routes to college students with valid IDs. Students can also join their free V.I.P. Student Travel Club for further discounts, specials, and offers.
- Ski Colorado: College students can ski Colorado with discounted passes for being a student.
- STA Travel: Students can access special student travel rates at STA Travel with a International Student Identity Card.
- Student Universe: Student Universe offers exclusive travel discounts for college students. Travel discounts are available when you book flights, hotels, tours, etc.
Clothing Stores with Student Discounts
- Adidas: Adidas provides students with a student discount code to use at Adidas online after registering and verifying student status.
- Alex and Ani: Students get 15% off purchases at alexandani.com after verifying student eligibility.
- American Eagle: Students can shop American Eagle with a 20% student discount in store and online.
- ASOS: Students get a special 10% student discount code after completing a student validation form.
- Banana Republic: Students and teachers get 15% off full-price, in-store purchases.
- Boohoo: Students are eligible for special student discounts at boohoo.com after verifying student status.
- Brooks Brothers: Brooks Brothers gives students a 15% discount in-stores with valid college ID.
- Calvin Klein: Students get an extra 10% off at Calvin Klein after registering their college email.
- Champion: Students can save an additional 10% on online orders at Champion after verifying student status.
- Club Monaco: Club Monaco gives a 15% discount to college students on full-price and sale merchandise both in stores and online. Simply present your student ID while shopping in-store or get a student discount code to use online.
- Coast: College students can get up to a 15% student discount when shopping in stores or online.
- Cole Haan: Teachers and students get 15% off at Cole Haan after registering with a valid .EDU address.
- Dickies: Students get a special 10% discount when shopping at Dickies.
- Dockers: Dockers offers discounts for students of 20% off online purchases. Students must register to get discount.
- Dr Martens: Students can get a 15% discount at drmartens.com after registering and verifying student status with UNiDAYS.
- Eddie Bauer: At this time, Eddie Bauer currently offers a 15% educator's discount in retail stores.
- Express: Express provides students with a discount coupon after verifying student status through UNiDAYS.
- Forever 21: Students get a discount code for 10% off their purchase after registering and verify student status.
- H&M: Students shopping at H&M can get a 15% discount after verifying their student status online.
- Hanes: College students can get an additional 10% off when shopping at Hanes.com.
- Hollister: Hollister provides a 10% student discount after registering and verifying student status online.
- J.Crew: College students and teachers can show college ID at any J.Crew store and receive 15% off full-price in-store purchases.
- Jockey: Jockey gives students a 10% discount with valid college ID.
- Kate Spade: Students can get 15% off at Kate Spade after joining the student program and verifying student status.
- Kenneth Cole: Get 20% off full-price, in-store purchases with a valid student ID.
- Levi’s: College students can get a 25% discount coupon for Levi's online after verifying their student status at UNiDAYS.
- Madewell: Madewell gives college students and teachers a 15% discount, in stores only. Must show valid school ID at checkout.
- Medelita: After verifying student status, students can get a 20% discount on medical gear (scrubs, lab coats, etc.) and accessories.
- ModCloth: College students get an exclusive student discount of 15% off after registering and verifying their student status.
- Necessary Clothing: Students can get a 10% discount with a valid student email address.
- New Balance: Students can save an additional 15% after registering and obtaining a student discount code from New Balance.
- Nike: Students get 10% off at Nike.com after verifying student eligibility.
- Oasis: Students get 10% off after verifying their student status at UNiDAYS.
- Original Penguin: Students can get 10% off sitewide after registering and verifying student status with UNiDAYS.
- Perry Ellis: Students can get 10% off Perry Ellis after registering and verifying student status.
- PINK: Some locations may offer 10% off in-store to students.
- PUMA: Students can get a discount code for 10% off purchases at PUMA.com.
- Reebok: Current students get 20% off their entire order at Reebok. Simply verify with a college email address.
- Sunglass Hut: Students and teachers get a 15% discount at Sunglass Hut.
- TOMS: Toms offers students a 10% discount on full-priced items.
- Topshop: Students get 10% off purchases online and in-store.
- UGG: Students can get an extra 10% off UGG Closet after verifying their student status.
- Under Armour: Students shopping at Under Armour can get a discount code for an extra 10% off after registering.
- Urban Outfitters: Students get 10% off in-store purchases after registering with UNiDAYS.
- Vineyard Vines: Vineyard Vines gives students 15% off purchases online and at participating retail locations.
- Warehouse: Students can get a 10% student discount code at Warehouse after registering and verifying student status with UNiDAYS.
Discounts on Consumer Goods & Services
- 1-800 Contacts: Students get 10% off after verifying their student status.
- 24 Hour Fitness: Students get special pricing on gym membership. Check your local 24 Hour Fitness for discount amount.
- Allstate: Allstate Insurance provides a Smart Student Discount of up to 35% for full-time students under the age of 25 who meet certain GPA requirements.
- Amazon: Students get a free 6-month trial of Amazon Prime which gives you FREE Two-Day Shipping and the ability to stream thousands of TV shows and movies for free.
- AT&T: The AT&T Signature Discount program gives discounts to organizations like corporations, government, military, and colleges/universities, who then pass it along to their employees, members, and students. See if your college is a participating school to know if you're eligible and you'll save on monthly service charges on qualifying plans.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Sign for exclusive college emails from Bed Bath & Beyond and receive a coupon for 20% off one item.
- BusinessWeek: Students receive discounted pricing on a subscription to Businessweek.
- Chevrolet: The Chevy college discount program entitles college students to get below-MSRP prices on eligible, new Chevrolet vehicles. Recent college graduates who have graduated within the last two years, graduate students, and college students from any two-year or four-year school are eligible for the discount.
- Clinique: Students can get 15% off at Clinique after registering and verifying student status.
- CorePower Yoga: Discounts vary by location, but students can typically get a discount on membership and drop-in classes at studios throughout the country.
- Eastern Mountain Sports: Students get 15% off at Eastern Mountain Sports after registering with UNiDAYS and verifying student status.
- Esurance: Full-time students under 25 with a B average or better can get up to a 10% discount from Esurance. Esurance is also the official sponsor of the PAC-12, so students and alumni of those schools can save up to 15%.
- Farmers Insurance: Full-time students under the age of 25 who carry a 3.0 GPA or better are eligible for the Farmers Good Student Discount of 30% off.
- FedEx: Show your student ID when you ship at FedEx stations and you'll get the FedEx Student Discount of 30% on documents with FedEx Envelop/Pak and 20% on packages with FedEx International Priority service.
- GEICO: Full-time students with a B average or better can save up to 15% on select coverages thanks to the GEICO Good Student Discount.
- General Motors: The GM College Discount provides college students and recent college grads (within the last two years) with below-MSRP prices on eligible new GM vehicles.
- Goodwill: Many Goodwill locations will offer a 10-20% discount for students on special days of the week.
- Guilford Press: Full-time students get a 40% discount on books, videos, newsletters, and journals, along with free shipping. Order online using the promo code from the Guilford Press student discount page.
- Jiffy Lube: All Jiffy Lube service centers are independently owned and operated, so student discount may vary, but many locations will provide a 10% discount to students.
- Kroger: At participating locations, students can get a 5% discount on food. Stores located near a college campus also typically host a College Night with additional special savings just for students.
- Moleskine: Get a 15% student discount on Moleskine products after registering and verifying current student status.
- MOO: At Moo.com students can get 15% off business cards, postcards, stickers, flyers and more.
- Nationwide Insurance: Nationwide offer a Good Student Discount for drivers 16 to 24 with a minimum B average.
- New York Times: New York Times offers an Academic Rate for current university students and educators with a valid school email address.
- PBTeen (Pottery Barn): Students get 15% off online orders with a .edu email address or in-store student discount by showing valid college ID.
- Penske: Penske gives college students a 10% discount on truck rentals along with free unlimited one-way miles.
- Pure Cycles: Students shopping for a good bike for college can get 10% off at Pure Cycles after registering and verifying student status.
- Sally Beauty Supply: Beauty school students can sign up for a Sally Beauty Student Discount Card to get reduced pricing on most products. Present your beauty school ID and complete an application at your local Sally Beauty store to receive your student discount card.
- Sprint: Certain employees, students and members of companies, universities and organizations may be eligible for discounts through the Sprint Works program. Students can check eligibility online.
- State Farm: Students with good grades can qualify for the Good Student Discount and save up to 25% on auto insurance.
- The Economist: The Economist offers discounted subscriptions to students.
- Travelers Insurance: Travelers offers a Good Student Discount and a Student Away at School Discount.
- Verizon: Depending on what school you attend, you may be eligible for a student discount on your monthly bill from Verizon. Verizon makes their discount hard to find. Go to their discount page and scroll down to "Not yet a Verizon Wireless customer?" Enter your .edu email address where it asks for a "work address." They'll email you and tell you if you're eligible for a discount.
- Wall Street Journal: Students can get a discounted subscription to the Wall Street Journal, and may even be complimentary for students at certain schools.
- Washington Post: U.S. college students, faculty, and staff save 50% with the Washington Post Academic Rate.
- West Elm (Décor): Students and teachers get 15% off at West Elm on furniture, decor, and accessories.
- YMCA: Many YMCA locations across the nation provide membership discounts to students. Check your local YMCA.
- ZIPCAR: Zipcar has partnered with many schools to offer discounted membership rates to students. Search for your school on Zipcar’s website and register with your school email address.
Student Discounts on Computers & Technology
- Ableton: Teachers and students save up to 40% off Ableton Live software by verifying their status with a college ID.
- Academic Superstore: Academic Superstore provides computer software at educational discounted prices for students, teachers, and faculty members.
- Adobe: Students and teachers are eligible for special pricing on Adobe software.
- Apple: The Apple student discount offers special education pricing on Apple products to college students, parents buying for a college student, teachers, administrators and staff, and students who have just been accepted to college.
- Apple Music: College students get a discounted subscription to Apple's music-streaming service for up to 4 years.
- Autodesk: Students, teachers and academic institutions are eligible for free access to Autodesk design software.
- B&H Photo, Video, Pro Audio: Offers discounted prices to students and teachers in imaging and audio fields of study as part of their EDU Advantage Program. Must be a US-based student in an accredited photography, film, video, animation, graphic design, audio, or new media program at a college-level institution. Students must provide a copy of valid school-issued ID and current class schedule or transcript.
- Best Buy: Best Buy provides coupons exclusively for college students. Receive the Best Buy student discounts by signing up for College Student Deals. After you sign up, Best Buy will email you special college student discounts as they become available. You can use coupons both in store and on BestBuy.com.
- Corel: Corel provides education versions of their software for up to 96% off retail prices for students and teachers.
- CyberLink: Save on CyberLink video editing software and photo editing software with discounts of up to 60% off for students and teachers.
- Das Keyboard: The premium keyboard maker has an educational discount program that gives students 20% off new keyboards purchased from their website.
- Dell: Students are eligible to get special discounts through Dell University. Also, check with your college to see if they have a discount buying program with Dell.
- Evernote: College students can get 50% off a one-year subscription to Evernote Premium.
- Fujitsu: Students and educators receive a 5% discount. To receive offer, orders must be placed by phone at 1-800-FUJITSU.
- GoPro: Students can get 20% off all cameras and accessories at GoPro after registering and verifying student status.
- HP: Students can get exclusive savings on HP products.
- Intuit: Students, staff, and educators at accredited US educational institutions are eligible for free trials of Intuit software, including QuickBooks Online and ProConnect Tax Online.
- Lenovo: Lenovo offers college students and teachers a special 15-20% discount on new laptops.
- Logitech: Students can get a 25% discount on Logitech products after registering and verifying student status with UNiDAYS.
- Microsoft: Students (and parents) save up to 10% on devices and accessories at the Microsoft store. Students can also get Office 365 Education for free, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Microsoft Teams, and classroom tools, with a valid school email address.
- Motorola: Students can get a 15% discount on products at Motorola.com after registering and verifying current student status.
- Norton: Norton offers special pricing for students on their security software.
- Rosetta Stone: Students looking to learn a new language can get an extra 10% discount after registering and verifying student status at Rosetta Stone.
- Samsung: Join the Samsung Student & Educator Discount Program with your .edu email address and you'll receive offers and exclusive discounts on the latest Samsung products.
- Sony: Check out the Sony Education Store for up to 10% off special pricing for college students.
- Spotify: With the Spotify student discount, students can get 50% off Spotify Premium and can renew every year (up to 3 times) as long as eligible student status is maintained.
- SurveyMonkey: SurveyMonkey provides discounts to students and educators with valid ID.
- Targus: Targus offers discounts to college students and teachers on laptop bags, tablet cases, docking stations, and computer accessories. Receive 25% off your entire order at Targus.com after verifying your status online.
College Student Discounts on Food & Restaurants
Note: Many corporate establishments can be individually-owned, so student discount can vary by location.
- Arby’s: At participating locations, get 10% off your order with a valid Student ID.
- BD's Mongolian Grill: Participating locations have a Student Night where students with ID can get discounted meals.
- Buca di Beppo: Buca di Beppo Italian restaurants typically offer students a 10% discount (at participating locations).
- Buffalo Wild Wings: At participating locations, get 10% off your order with a valid student ID.
- Burger King: Students get 10% off with a valid student ID at participating locations.
- Chick-fil-A: Chick-fil-A offers students a free drink with any purchase with valid student ID. (varies by location)
- Dairy Queen: The Dairy Queen student discount varies by location, but is typically a 10% discount or an advertised Student Meal Deal.
- Domino's Pizza: Participating locations will typically offer some type of student discount. Check with the Domino's near you to see what deals are available.
- Dunkin Donuts: Many locations will give students 10% off.
- Hard Rock Cafe: 10% off food and non-alcoholic beverages at select locations with a International Student Identity Card.
- KFC: Many locations will offer a student discount or a student meal deal. Check your local KFC for specific details on deals for students.
- McDonald’s: At participating locations, receive 10% off your order with a valid student ID.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: Many locations will offer a student discount. Discount varies by store.
- Pizza Hut: Show your student ID and get 10-20% off your pizza. Discount varies by location.
- Taco Bell: Varies by location and store, but usually 10% off.
- Waffle House: Waffle House, an American restaurant chain with most locations in the South, offers 10% off for students at participating locations.
Student Discounts on Entertainment
Note: Many entertainment student discounts are often local deals. Use websites like Student Rate to find additional student entertainment deals in your area.
- AMC Theaters: Thursday night is student night at AMC Theaters. Show your Student ID at the box office for discounted tickets.
- Carnegie Hall: At Carnegie Hall in NYC, student tickets are available for $10 for select Carnegie Hall performances. Eligible concerts are announced throughout the season. Up to two $10 tickets may be purchased at the Box Office with a valid student ID.
- Cinemark: Show your student ID and save on movie tickets at participating Cinemark theatres. Discount varies by location.
- Lincoln Center: Visit Lincoln Center with your student ID to get discounted tickets for world-class performing arts.
- Madame Tussauds: Many locations, such as Las Vegas and Washington D.C., offer a student discount on admission fees to the wax museum.
- Museum of Modern Art: The Museum of Modern Art offers free admission tickets to students at select New York schools and discounted admission to students with an ISIC Card.
- New England Aquarium: College students visiting the New England Aquarium can get discounted aquarium admission tickets if you show valid student ID.
- New Jersey Devils: Students can get discounted hockey game tickets.
- New York Islanders: Students are eligible to receive discounted tickets to New York Islanders hockey games.
- New York Mets: Students can get tickets to New York Mets baseball games for just $10.
- Regal: Discounted tickets at select movie theaters. Discount varies by location.
- Student Rush: NYC student locals and visitors can get student-discounted tickets for Broadway & Off-Broadway Theater Productions, Museums, Dance & Theater Companies, and more.
- The Art Institute of Chicago: The Art Institute of Chicago, one of the oldest and largest art museums in the United States, gives students a discount off the admission price when showing valid student ID.
- The Metropolitan Opera New York: Students can get discounted student tickets to select performances.
- Washington Nationals: College students can receive discounted tickets to Washington Nationals baseball games when they order online using their .edu email address.
Other useful websites for student discounts:
- Student Advantage Card: Cut right to the chase with the nation's largest student discount program, giving you access to more than 20,000 discount locations across the country and on your campus.
- ISIC: The recognized global student ID card, useful for obtaining student discounts around the globe.
- Unidays: Useful for quickly accessing many student discounts online.
- Student Rate: Helpful for finding local student discounts near your college.