Here are some of the top rated college newspapers in the country. Many of these daily publications are independent and historically established.
- Yale University - Yale Daily News
Also known as YDN, the Yale Daily News has been up and running since 1878. YDN is published 5 days a week (Monday - Friday) during the academic year.
- University of Arizona - Arizona Daily Wildcat
Published daily during spring and fall semester and weekly during the summer months.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - The Daily Tar Heel
One of the first college newspapers to go online.
- Howard University - The Hilltop
The Hilltop is the first and only daily newspaper at a historically black college or university in the United States.
- University of Pennsylvania - The Daily Pennsylvanian
Has a staff of more than 250 students.
- University of Georgia - The Red and Black
- University of Maryland, College Park - The Diamondback
Publishes the print edition of the newspaper every Monday, with a print circulation of 8,000 copies.
- Harvard University - The Harvard Crimson
Founded in 1873, The Harvard Crimson claims to be "the nation's oldest continuously published daily college newspaper."
- Indiana University – Bloomington - Indiana Daily Student
- University of Texas at Austin - The Daily Texan
One of the largest college newspapers with a circulation of about 30,000. The Daily Texan also produces weekly podcasts.