Not looking to attend a college listed as a party school?
While annual rankings of top party schools do get a lot of attention, it's not always a good thing.
Some alumni of those schools labeled as a party college have trouble getting prospective employers to take their degree seriously. When an employer sees your academic credentials and directly thinks "party school", you can easily be stereotyped to fit the profile of the school you attended.
If you're not into the party and alcohol scene, you may want to look into the schools at the opposite end of the spectrum: the Stone-Cold Sober Schools.
Top 20 Stone-Cold Sober Schools
- Brigham Young University
- Wheaton College
- United States Coast Guard Academy
- College of the Ozarks
- Wesleyan College
- United States Air Force Academy
- United States Naval Academy
- Wellesley College
- Thomas Aquinas College
- Calvin College
- Grove City College
- United States Military Academy
- Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering
- City University of New York
- Marywood University
- Mills College
- Berea College
- California State University - Stanislaus
- Agnes Scott College
- Simmons College
Source: Princeton Review