Get updates by:
The Ultimate Graduation Resource List
Graduating from college can be a tough, but exhilarating experience for some individuals. Now is the time to put the books down and enter what we call the "real world". Some of you may have jobs lined up already, while others may choose to return to living in their parents basement. Whatever route you take, use these resources to help ensure you will go on to choose a successful career.
For many fresh out of college, it can be a tough time as you have the degree all employers want, but lack the few years work experience that all employers usually require. It's these next four or five years that will really set the pace to a successful career.
Use these sites to explore careers, search for jobs, build job contacts and prepare yourself for life after college.
- CollegeGrad.com - Career web site for entry level job search for college students and recent grads.
- GradSpot.com - A blog covering life after college with tools and services to ease the transition from college to the real world.
- LinkedIn - The world's largest professional networking site.
- AlumWire - Alumwire is a network for alumni and students to find jobs, internships, and other career opportunities through on-line career fairs.
- Vault - Research companies, careers and everything else related to your job search.
- After College - Find jobs in the largest career network for college students and recent graduates.
- CareerBuilder - Job Search.
- College Recruiter - Entry level job search for recent graduates, as well as an assortment of career related tools.
- Career Assessment Test - A free career test to determine what type of career you are personally fit for.
- Salary Calculator - Determine possible salaries based on location and job title.
- Resume Builder - Build up your resume and submit it to the web.
- How to Make Your Resume Stand Out - A few tips that can help your resume stand out from the pack.
- Beautiful Resume Ideas - Make your resume stand out by using a beautiful design that most people have never seen before.
- Example Resumes - A collection of free sample professional resumes, for all types of job seekers.
- Cover Letter Tips - Help on writing the Cover Letter. Includes tips, format and how-tos.
- Example Cover Letters - Free cover letter samples, including those specifically for recent College grads.
The Job Interview
- The Interview Cheat Sheet - 100 resources to help you prepare for your interview.
- Interview Questions and Answers - 23 of the most common interview questions, and how to answer them.
- 50 Interview Questions, and how to approach them.
- How to Master the Job Interview - How to Master the Job Interview and get the job you want.
- How to Prepare for a Job Interview - Steps to take before you enter the interview room.
- How to Dress for a Job Interview - Tips on proper attire for an interview.
Useful Career Articles
- Best Places to Work for - America's top 100 employers for 2008, including detailed company profiles, top locations, and contact information.
- Best Careers for 2008 - Careers with bright futures and high job satisfaction.
- Highest Paying Careers - The top paying jobs and careers and their salaries.
- Best Cities for Jobs - Also see the Worst Cities for Jobs.
- Recession Proof Jobs - Protect yourself in a slumping economy with these careers.
- Companies with the Best Benefits - Ranks the top companies to work for based on various benefits.
- How to Choose a Career - Still haven't found your true calling? Try these steps.
- Top 50 Internships - BusinessWeek's first annual list of the 50 Best Internships.
- Best Entry level jobs - A perfect list for recent grads.
- Best Internships - A top 10 list of internships based on actual work experience, benefits and perks of the job.
- Ranking of Grad Schools - America's Best Graduate Schools for 2009, ranked in a variety of disciplines.
- GMAT - The standardized test Business schools commonly use for admission into an MBA program.
- Should you get an MBA? - This business school calculator determines the gain on your MBA.
- Salaries based on degree - Check out your income possibilities of obtaining a higher degree.
- Applying to Grad School - The process, planning and requirements of applying to Grad school.
Get notified of new articles by RSS feed or Email.
Get College Tips by Email:
To get these, subscribe by email.
“I like the articles that are written here. There are plenty of other blogs that cover being frugal as a student, but you cover stuff that other places don't.” - Sarah E., USC
"I like the fact that you’re actually offering interesting, useful information to students." - Pedro M., Harvard
In the News:
Access select online courses:
Paying for College|
Compare Student Loan Rates