Featured Offer: Study on the go with a free audiobook from Amazon.
Dorms and Greek houses can be a bit crowded, loud, and obnoxious. Let's face it, it's not a great place to study.
Your environment definitely has an impact on your work. Obviously, if you're trying to do your studies with loud music or a party going on, it's going to reflect in your work and concentration.
You'll want to find a nice relaxing environment where you can focus and concentrate well.
Bonus: See America's Best Study Spaces
Here are some great places to study and do your homework for a more effective study session.
- The School Library - Everything you need: free high-speed Internet, a nice quiet environment, and a load of resources.
- A Local Coffee Shop - (Also a great place to meet others.) A coffee shop provides a relaxing environment that can increase your productivity. (A little caffeine helps with that too!)
- Out at Lunch - A great way to multitask by feeding your stomach and your brain at the same time. (Just don't drip any sauce on your homework.)
- In Class/Lecture - Doing homework in class is a great way catch up on work. Just make sure you keep an ear open to the lecture going on or else the teacher may call you out.
- Park or Courtyard - Get outside and get fresh air (weather permitting).
- Student Union Building / Student Center - Though it can get a bit loud and social at times, it's a great place to collaborate with fellow classmates.
If your workload at night is overwhelming, between classes can also be a good time to catch up on homework. Take a look at your schedule and see when you can pencil in additional study time.