Here are some of the top rated college newspapers in the country. Many of these daily publications are independent and historically established.
- Yale - Yale Daily News
aka YDN, the Yale Daily News has been up and running since 1878. YDN is published 5 days a week (Monday - Friday) during the academic year.
- University of Arizona - Arizona Daily Wildcat
Published daily during the spring and fall semesters and weekly during the summer months.
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill - The Daily Tar Heel
One of the first college newspapers to go online.
- Howard - The Hilltop
The Hilltop is the first and only daily newspaper at a Historically Black College or University in the United States.
- University of Penn - The Daily Pennsylvanian
Has a staff of more than 250 students.
- University of Georgia - The Red and Black
- University of Maryland – College Park - The Diamondback
Receives annual advertising revenues of over $1 million.
- Harvard - The Harvard Crimson
Claims to be one of the oldest daily college news publications.
- Indiana - Bloomington - Indiana Daily Student
- University of Texas - Austin - The Daily Texan
One of the largest college newspapers with a circulation of about 30,000. The Daily Texan also produces a daily podcast.