It's not easy being a broke college student. Yes you could get a part-time job or internship, but you are better off without a job in college so you can focus on course work and the other joys of college.
But, there are ways to make money without a job as a college student. Being a student in college gives you a whole campus to work with and endless opportunities.
Here are some of the best ways to make money in college:
- Paid Surveys - Did you know you can get paid to take surveys online? Imagine making this easy money from the comfort of your own home. Sign up and start earning at sites like SwagBucks.
- Sell Textbooks - The buying and selling of textbooks is a big market. Unfortunately, the campus bookstore doesn't always offer you the best prices for your used books. Selling your textbooks online can get you a much better price. Get a quote for your textbooks here.
- Video Sharing Websites - Sites like YouTube allow you to upload your videos to the web and earn an advertising revenue share on all ad revenue made from your videos.
- Ebay - The biggest online auction site allows you to sell stuff you don't need anymore. Of course you could always buy mass quantities of products at wholesale prices and resell them. Regardless, eBay is a good way of getting rid of your junk.
- Scholarships - Get free money to use for anything school related from college scholarships.
- Sell Tickets to Sporting Events - There is a high demand for tickets to college sports. You can sell your student section tickets and make money. You can always find a buyer on Craigslist or eBay.
- Sell Graduation Tickets - Many students sell admission tickets to graduation ceremonies. The demand for some schools is high enough where students can earn a nice chunk of change for selling a couple tickets.
- Be an entrepreneur - Take a class in entrepreneurship and start your own business on campus. It's also a recommended class.
- Do you own a blog? - Make sure you are monetizing your blog with Google Adsense or other ad services.
- Recycle - Get Green, Be Green. Collect recycled cans from your stash of empty
- Tutor - Are you smart, get good grades and have a little free time? You can help others out and get paid by tutoring other students.